The SARB is looking for productive and talented postgraduates to join its one-year programme in January 2022.
The SARB serves the economic well-being of South Africans through maintaining price and financial stability. It is responsible for the regulation of the South African financial sector, design and distribution of banknotes and coin, management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks, and ensuring stability of both.
Exposure to departments in the SARB:
Graduates will work and learn at the SARB Head Office in Pretoria from January to December 2022. During the year, graduates will be assigned to a department, and will be exposed to various roles and projects.
During the programme, graduates will attend various learning interventions at the SARB Academy for approximately 40 days. Interventions are mainly central banking specific and are aimed to produce well-rounded central bankers. In addition, personal and professional skills such as presentations skills, impactful reporting, business disciplines, teamwork, personal excellence and etiquette, among others, are also part of the holistic programme.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Have completed a postgraduate degree.
- Have attained an average of over 65% in your final year.
- Have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policymaking.
- Have a proven track record of academic excellence.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Are a south African citizen.
- Are a curious and keen learner.
- Economics, Econometrics, Research, Policy Analysis, Modelling, Public Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Statistics, Financial Management, Information Technology, Law, Portfolio or Investment Management, Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis, Risk Management, Treasury, Economics and International Relations.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics, Information...
Pretoria (South Africa)
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm