Once trained, the following description outlines the role of the Bid/Proposal Management intern role at SAS: Evaluates Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quote (RFQ), and Requests for Information (RFI) for strategic fit and participates in sales strategy decisions; coordinates the development and production of proposals in response to requests. Works with sales teams to develop and produce proactive proposals in support of qualified sales initiatives.
What You Will Do
- Understands and applies proposal development processes and methodologies.
- Assists sales team in identifying appropriate members for proposal response team.
- Manages the proposal response effort including all meetings necessary during proposal response process.
- Develops proposal outline and proposal response project schedule.
- Serves as liaison for support resources, internal and external, involved in the proposal development effort.
- Ensures all deadlines are met both internally and externally during the response process.
- Maintains project files for each opportunity.
- Works directly with account executives, sales managers, consultants, technical resources, legal professionals, and other internal resources, e.g. printing and mail services team members as required to complete and submit the proposal.
- Ensures proposal fully complies with customer requests and that the information provided is thorough and accurate.
- Conducts post-proposal evaluations, as time permits, to assess customer satisfaction and identifies opportunities for improving the proposal process.
- Develops and produces proactive proposals in support of qualified opportunities to ensure that sales teams’ communication with their customers reflect professionalism and competence.
- Reviews solicitation documents and creates proposal outline prior to kick-off call. Identifies red flags within the solicitation.
- Communicates changes or new information to the team and the impact of those changes on the response.
- Ensures that identified win themes are addressed within proposal documents.
- Acts as the central point of communication for the proposal response team.
- Uses appropriate tools (i.e., Qvidian, WebEx, Lync, SharePoint, etc.) to ensure that all team members are kept abreast of relevant issues and activities.
- Evaluates proposal development processes and methodologies and recommends process improvements as appropriate.
- Reviews and evaluates opportunities to determine appropriateness, strategic fit, and probability of moving accounts forward.
- Assesses the level of previous contact and involvement that the sales team has had with the prospective customer to determine probability of success.
- Performs other sales support activities related to assisting sales teams acquire new business and maintain renewals, including supporting value assessments, PowerPoint presentations, standard proposal templates, and
- Provides Account Executives with information to help them influence customer RFPs.
- Maintains boilerplate responses within repository.
- Coordinates milestone reviews.
- Identifies gaps within draft responses.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Recent graduate (no earlier than 2019) in Bachelors or Masters of Business Administration.
- Exposure to Computer Science field (Engineering will be an added advantage).
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Saudi Arabian national.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Business and Commerce
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
- Closing Date:29th May 2021, 6:00 pm