The purpose of this internship is to provide:
Completed S4/S5 University students the opportunity to complete the required 1 year P1 and P2 experiential learning required to obtain their National Diploma. Completed BEng Tech students the opportunity to complete 1 year of experiential learning.
Provides technical support to managers and engineers in specific designated environments by applying theoretical skills, making suggestions and assist in implementation of optimizing systems under supervision.
What You Will Do
- Build customer relationships in order to understand their needs.
- Standards are met in terms of quality, quantity and due dates.
- Provide good quality results when accumulating data, processing data or reporting on data.
- Manage own work planning and delivery in accordance with curriculum.
- Identify optimization opportunities and assist with the implementation thereof, under supervision.
- Develop suitable technical proposals based on practical and theoretical knowledge.
- Provide technical support to multi-disciplinary teams in specific environments.
- Perform all tasks cost-consciously.
- Apply safety principles in the planning and execution of projects.
- Attend six-monthly panel reviews to track and adjust performance.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A National Certificate or N3 certificate with the subjects Mathematics, Engineering/Physical Science and English/Business English and A completed S4 from a University of Technology in Mechanical, Electrical, Control or Chemical Engineering (excluding P1 and P2 – a letter from the University stating such will be required).
- A completed BEng Tech degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Control or Chemical Engineering.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Engineering, Mathematics, Science
Mpumalanga (South Africa)
- Closing Date:4th Aug 2019, 6:00 pm