Period - From now till Mid-2022 on a full time or part time basis of minimum 3 days per week.
Over the past three years SCOR have been engaged in hELIOS, which is a programme of projects to define, create and deploy a new end-to-end reinsurance administration platform. The new system complies with the latest data protection requirements and facilitates the administration of Client seriatim data for Technical Accounting, Actuarial and Financial reporting purposes.
This project supports the ambition of the Life Division in replacing multiple legacy tools, harmonizing business processes and focusing resources on more value-add tasks.
For the purposes of this role, the key objectives are to:
- Onboard treaties onto the system.
- Support the business with the use of the system.
- Improve efficiency and processes relating to treaty onboarding and use of the system.
The caliber selected candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced and demanding team environment and will finish the internship having gained deep knowledge in life reinsurance data and processes.
What You Will Do
- hELIOS requires reference tables and mappings to be set up for SCOR Global Life business. This will require analysis of the reinsurance treaties, product literature and existing systems to obtain the data and formula required to populate the tables and mappings. You will need basic knowledge and understanding of life insurance products. You will work closely with actuarial team, Technical Accounting, and client administrators.
- Create reinsurance plans and mappings. This will require analysis of reinsurance treaties, policy data, mapping tables and SCOR systems in order to obtain the information to populate the plans and mappings.
- Identify any missing gaps within the templates and communicate effectively to the relevant stakeholders.
- Support the data engineers in their understanding of the policy data in order to facilitate coding of the routines to transform the data to a standard format.
- Test the reinsurance plans and test the processing of policy data end to end through the system.
- Review and reconcile the packages/ reports developed by the data engineer, identify any missing gaps/ issues when reconciliation fails, and communicate effectively with the data engineer and various stakeholders to solve the issue together.
- Flexibility will be required to assist with other data-oriented tasks relating to the system implementation which may arise.
- Assist in other Inforce Management activities and ad-hoc projects.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Previous working experience or internship in a similar environment is not required but will be advantageous.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Strong programming skills.
- Team player.
- Organized and Multitasking.
- Motivated, optimistic and dynamic.
- Result oriented.
- Creative and dynamic.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft suite office.
- Coding experience (R, Python, SQL, VBA).
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Undergrad/Grad student majoring in Data Analytics, Data Science, Actuarial, Mathematics, Statistics.
- With a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Job type:Internships
Actuary, Data Science and Analytics, Mathematics,...
- Closing Date:22nd Dec 2021, 6:00 pm