Internship from May to Dec 2022 / Aug to Dec 2022, full-time or part-time.
SCOR is a leading global reinsurer, executing an underwriting policy focused on profitability, developing value-added services and adhering to a cautious financial policy in order to meet the expectations of their clients in terms of security.
The Actuarial Department in Singapore is in charge of the pricing of Non-Life reinsurance contracts for our clients in APAC. We provide actuarial services to our Underwriting and Catastrophe Modelling departments. Our market studies and analysis support the business planning and steering by senior management.
This internship in the Actuarial Department will give you the opportunity to be involved in various internal projects with a strong focus on data collection and analysis, as well as the pricing of reinsurance treaties for our clients.
What You Will Do
Key duties and responsibilities
The Intern will have the opportunity to work with experienced actuaries at SCOR Global P&C. This usually includes the following activities:
- Support of actuarial studies and natural catastrophe modelling projects by compiling the necessary data, statistical analysis and presentation of the results
- An individual project might be assigned to the intern
- Participation in internal workshops and trainings, including introduction into reinsurance treaty pricing and our pricing tool xAct (subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Reinsurance treaty pricing support during the main renewals (February toMarch or October to December)
- Salary S$ 1,250 per month
- The intern is entitled to take annual leave (pro-rated to the internship term)
- We are flexible regarding working hours in order to still allow for the participation in one or two seminars at the university.
- Participation in (virtual) internal trainings & workshops subject to COVID-19 restrictions.
Required Skills and Abilities
Required experience & competencies
- Previous working experience or internship in a similar environment is not required but will be advantageous
- Strong mathematical and analytic skills
- First experience in statistical analysis and programming
- Previous work on similar analytical university/work projects
- Motivated and optimistic
- Creative and dynamic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with statistical tools like SAS and R
- at least 3 semesters of undergraduate programmes like Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics
- Closing Date:28th May 2022, 3:59 pm