Period - June to December 2022.
Assist with APAC Catastrophe team initiatives and R&D projects focusing on key APAC natural catastrophe perils.
As part of SCOR Global Pricing and Modelling team, there will be opportunity to contribute to reinsurance renewals and business process.
What You Will Do
- Support project work related to Natural Catastrophe perils research, data collection, model evaluation, climate change study, product development, and / or tool automation.
- Assist client service and Nataural Catastrophe research network initiative for APAC.
- Opportunity to be part of treaty reinsurance renewal using vendor Catastrophe models and SCOR proprietary pricing tool for key APAC markets.
- Potential exposure to modelling and monitoring of Catastrophe portfolio and accumulation control for key underwriting units.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Interested in learning catastrophe modelling and reinsurance.
- Solid analytical, problem solving approach.
- Clear communicator, able to structure an argument and explain complex issues in a simple way.
- Team player.
- Ability to multi-task.
SQL, VBA, GIS, or R programming skills are a distinct advantage.
Tertiary education in a highly numerate structured discipline, such as Physics, Civil Engineering, Geography, actuarial science etc.
- Job type:Internships
Actuary, Engineering Civil Structural
- Closing Date:15th Jun 2022, 6:00 pm