Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
The incumbent will report to Market Risk Department and interfaces with company managers and HR staff. The Bank of Nova Scotia is committed to the values of the Bank rooted in respect, integrity, passion and accountability.
What You Will Do
- Individual will assist TFRM team in daily market risk oversight of GBM/GT activities and to be involved in:
- Perform daily market risk monitoring, analysis and reporting activities for GBM and GT businesses.
- Implement automated technology solutions to improve operational efficiencies and develop new market risk monitoring tools/reports for management.
- Work closely with Market Risk Officers to develop effective risk-reward decisions by providing independent opinion on new business initiatives, including calibrating risk limits in alignment with the Bank's risk appetite framework.
- Distil daily risk/market information into highlights, ensuring material issues are communicated to stakeholders.
- Communicate analysis verbally, in writing, and in presentation settings to all levels of management.
- Support the Global/Regional Risk Management team with ad hoc risk related projects as required
Required Skills and Abilities
- Good excel skills, VBA or SQL skills preferred, strong communication skills, meticulous, motivated and self-driven
- Good attention to detail and able to work accurately
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in banking industry
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Compliance, Engineering
- Closing Date:12th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm