Seagate's Interface Technology Firmware Development organization helps specify and develop firmware for high-speed serial interfaces for leading-edge Hard Disk Drives (HDD). This includes algorithms to optimize performance, reliability and security for data stored in the storage device.
What you will do
- Work with Seagate design centers around the world to develop and support firmware for Seagate drive controller chips
- Track activity in the applicable standards bodies to understand any impact on Seagate
- Develop solutions for HDD that scales with storage capacity and interface speeds/latency requirements.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience with focus on data structures, algorithm design and data-analytics.
- Object-oriented design, software development using C programming language, unit level testing to ensure requirement conformance, active participation in requirement, design and code reviews, and debug through emulation, simulation, and hardware/firmware co-verification
- Knowledge of disc drive interfaces – SAS, NVMe & SATA - is helpful.
- A successful candidate should have strong teamwork qualities as well as communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Prefer experience in developing firmware for embedded applications using the C (or C++) programming language, but will consider new grads with strong programming knowledge.
- Python basics, with focus on data-analysis using pandas library
- We are looking for a self-starter and self-motivated individual who is able to apply new knowledge quickly and effectively on the job.
- The candidate for this position shall possess good verbal and technical writing skills and the ability to work independently on a task or as a member of a team on a more significant project
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2020, 6:00 pm