Seagate Research Group is seeking Interns in the exciting area of lab-on-a-chip. This is a research-oriented position for tertiary students pursuing post-graduate studies or Bachelor's degree in the area of molecular biology, biochemistry or related field.
This position offers a variety of opportunities to prototype, experiment and benchmark new ideas and concepts in lab-on-a-chip domain.
What You Will Do
The Intern will be involved in exciting projects involving designing experiments to proofs-of-concept. He/she will evaluate systems as well as analyzing and documenting the results for internal as well external reports and presentations.
The successful candidate will work with the global team of Seagate Research and will also get the opportunity to be a part of the team for external collaborations.
The Intern is expected not only to apply his/her knowledge but also to research other innovative ideas.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, and/or equivalent field.
- Theoretical knowledge of Polymerase Chain Reaction, practical preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Good team player and can work independently.
- A ‘hands-on’ person who welcomes challenges.
- Design and execute wet-lab experiments.
- Knowledge of RT-qPCR and/or molecular biology research.
- Conduct/detect contamination protocols during the experiments.
- Good basic lab skills such as micro-pipetting and microscopic imaging.
- A good understanding of primer design, buffer/enzyme optimization for RT-qPCR or other molecular detection methodologies.
- Knowledge of Bio-compatible materials.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Chemical Processing, Medical and Biomedical...
- Closing Date:9th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm