We are a team providing critical test platform development, sustaining, and support to the reliability technology engineering group, the design center engineering, and the factory quality assurance group. Utilize state of the art software engineering technology to provide test automation running on test fixtures to validate and qualify Seagate next-generation storage product designs.
What You Will Do
- Act as a Test Engineer based in Design Center, for product validation & testing during the design phases of the product PLCP (EVT, DVT, Reliability, etc).
- Work closely with the product Reliability Program Manager (RPM) and test development team, to define test requirements, develop the test algorithm/cases, execute various test beds during the design phase, publish test reports and provide an assessment of product Quality/Reliability/Maturity.
- Testing different key components of the product, including storage Hardware, application Software, systems Firmware, compatibility, and overall performance, etc.
- Understand the customer requirement and use cases and convert them into test requirement documents for test development.
- Maintain/update the test procedure and work instruction, as guidelines to execute the actual test bed with pre-defined pass/fail criteria.
- Able to help test development/debug, and work test development team to automate the test with a common test platform.
- Understand the product/systems spec, triage test incidents, and drive for FA and root cause analysis. Help RPM to push the understanding of the issues found, and drive the issue to closure with the right corrective actions.
- Provide test summary and reports for official test beds according to department SOP/WI, and helps with the right assessment of the product maturity and phase exit decisions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent experience
- Experienced in working with Linux OS and its various applications/CLI.
- Able to conduct various testing independently and disciplined in the documentation.
- Good analytical and programming skills (e.g. Python, Java, C#, JMP, Tableau, etc).
- Knowledge/experience in traditional data storage and/or software-defined storage domain is an advantage.
- Good communication skills, passion for teamwork, and able to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Electrical
- Closing Date:16th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm