Firmware Development Engineering - SIE test development team is located in Seagate Singapore Design Centre at One-North. The team design, develop and maintain test software in C/C++/Python under Linux for validating the firmware in Seagate’s leading-edge Hard Disk Drives (HDD) and Solid State Drives (SSD).
Before a new firmware can be released for tens and thousands of HDD/SSD in the production, it needs to pass the system integration test verification and validation. We develop and maintain the test software suite in C/C++, as well as software toolkits in Python/Bash.
We also develop cutting-edge Linux SCSI/NVMe/SATA device driver, and customize the installation image for users in Singapore and US. We need to study various features specifications and industry standards of HDD/SSD, design or modify the test scenarios, write and debug the codes, conduct various experiments and failure analysis, and review the solutions with other developers locally or in US. The work in the team is critical to the firmware quality of HDD/SSD.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain the test software suite in C/C++/Python/Shell under Linux and Windows to validate the HDD/SSD cutting edge features
- Study the Industry Standard SCSI command specs, HDD SMART specs, and Seagate specific firmware feature specs
- Study existing test software, design or modify the test scenarios to meet the new test requirement
- Write unit tests, bench tests, debug and conduct experiments to validate the software and the firmware
- Conduct code review with other software developers
- Conduct FA and fix the issues or bugs in the test software
- You will be trained to understand SAS/SATA/NVMe command specs and the essential test software functions to develop new tests
Required Skills and Abilities
- Passionate about software development, debugging, and problem- solving
- Self-motivated and eager to explore and learn new stuff
- Good knowledge in software engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science
- Strong teamwork qualities as well as communication and good interpersonal skills to Have at least 3-months of significant or extensive project experience in developing and debugging engineering software or firmware in C, C++, Python, Java or C#.
- Preferably have experience with Linux operating system and Shell commands
- Bachelors/Masters/ in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent disciplines and qualification
- Winner of any large or moderate scale software competition would be an advantage
- Any software training certificates
- Have system knowledge of HDD or SSD storage devices
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2020, 6:00 pm