Sephora, the world’s leading retailer of cosmetics, is seeking one or more legal interns to join our team in Singapore!
Sephora South East Asia provides customers across the region with a unique opportunity to indulge their passion for beauty. With the widest range of beauty products, incredible staff, and the most innovative technology supporting an omni-channel consumer experience, Sephora is an exciting career destination for talented people across a range of disciplines and geographies.
Sephora’s legal internship provides law students or recent graduates an opportunity to work with Sephora’s in-house team on all things legal related and learn how our team advises on the structuring and implementation of a broad range of business solutions.
What You Will Do
The legal intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting the legal department in a wide range of legal work including:
- Drafting and reviewing a range of basic contracts that may include brand distribution, marketing/technology and vendor contracts with supervision;
- Assisting the team in day-to-day legal support and conducting related legal research on issues related to consumer protection, marketing, data privacy, IT security;
- Supporting the development of company-wide legal compliance policies, programs, training, procedures and guidelines;
- Managing the contracting process and workflow for Sephora SEA entities facilitating the process within Legal and be involved in cross functional tasks and project management with supervision;
- Providing overall legal and documentation assistance to the team.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Candidates must be available for a 2 to 3 months internship period – starting in April if possible
- Currently studying or recently completed Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Good understanding of legal principles and keen interest in corporate commercial matters
- Strong attention to details coupled with a solution orientated approach
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to take initiative
- Able to thrive in a busy, commercially oriented and hands-on environment
- Must possess strong organisational, time management and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as a solid team member
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and email
- Some prior experience within an in-house legal environment would be a plus
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:20th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm