We are looking for a Management Trainee - Food & Beverage based at Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong!
The overall scope of the job includes / but is not limited to work alongside experienced team members and managers within the assigned Food & Beverage outlets throughout the Hotel.
The Management Trainee will be serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned place of work, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
Furthermore, they will be assigned to general tasks and special projects throughout their period of training.
What You Will Do
- Work in all areas of Food & Beverage including casual dining, fine dining, all day dining and banquets & events.
- Attend management meetings when. required.
- Assist in departmental training and assessments.
- Be alive to new ideas and system which could benefit the department and hotel.
- Assist other departments in resolving problems when necessary.
- Assist in analyzing financial figures and preparing reports.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
To undertake specific tasks on identified projects, under the supervision of the EAM F&B, in order to drive business results, including:
- Completing relevant project documentation.
- Formulating and updating project schedules using critical paths.
- Participating in project definition workshops.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Drives innovation within the allocated projects.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
- Adhere to the hotels and emergency policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, current first aid and fire emergency procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree Holder in Hospitality Management.
- Previous internship / working experience in a five-star International hotel will have an advantage.
- Excellent command of written & spoken English; ability to converse in Cantonese and Putonghua is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & leadership skills.
- Service oriented with pleasant personality.
- Good presentation skill.
- Strong business mindset and logical analytical skill.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hospitality Sports and Tourism
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2021, 6:00 pm