The Engineering and Technology team is at the core of the Shopee platform development. The team is made up of a group of passionate engineers from all over the world, striving to build the best systems with the most suitable technologies. Our engineers do not merely solve problems at hand; We build foundations for a long-lasting future.
We don't limit ourselves on what we can or can't do; we take matters into our own hands even if it means drilling down to the bottom layer of the computing platform. Shopee's hyper-growing business scale has transformed most "innocent" problems into huge technical challenges, and there is no better place to experience it first-hand if you love technologies as much as we do.
As a Technical Project Manager for Shopee cloud products, you will work in a team responsible for researching, designing and implementing Shopee private cloud platform. Design and deliver and promote our cloud products (cache, storage, database, data pipelines, etc.) to support our fast-growing business.
As a Technical Project Manager for Shopee database administration, you will be responsible for analyzing Shopee database usage, preparing database optimization, as well as dealing with Disaster Recovery (DR) plans.
You will manage and improve existing processes, directly influence the direction of our products, and be responsible for communication around your projects. You will interact with a wide variety of Shopee engineers, product managers, and non-technical staff on a regular basis.
What you will do
- Conduct the entire Shopee technical product life cycle from requirements gathering, implementation to deployment
Engage platform users, define and design product features and content, and work closely with teams across Shopee
- Maintain Shopee infrastructure stability by setting and enforcing operation standards and controls
- Prioritize requirements from stakeholders such as application system developers, technical operation engineers, etc
- Establish clear milestones with visible progress regularly to ensure timely product/project delivery
- Advising technical management; coordinating design, migration, and integration
- Drive the end-to-end release process for multiple, regular releases, and unplanned hotfix releases
- Drill with Shopee Infrastructure Team for Shopee databases and Shopee Cloud product and deal with Disaster Recovery (DR) planning, setup, management
- Plan IT infrastructure for major marketing events (e.g. 11.11 sales), including planning resource, improving technical product and database performance, and coordinating stress tests
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Bilingual in English and Chinese to deal with stakeholders from different regions
- Experience in project management and coordinating/driving release schedules would be preferred
- Experience supporting or driving technical programs in network deployment/engineering, product design, network content delivery or data center networking within telecommunications or Internet industries would be preferred
- Experience working with cloud components to develop highly scalable and available systems including APIs, automation, and data warehousing/analytics would be preferred
- Knowledge or demonstrated experience with software/cloud applications would be preferred
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:17th May 2021, 6:00 pm