Change the future every day - The world is constantly changing and we're always thinking about what's next. Can you help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow?
From digitalization to automation, we’re changing the cities you live in and the places you work. Being part of Siemens lets you solve complex challenges, every day. Explore our world to find out more.
Work with us:
If you’re excited to shape the innovations of tomorrow, we want to hear from you. You’ll join 372,000 of the smartest minds all working together to build a better future.
As global entrepreneurs and an independent company of Siemens AG for more than 160 years, we are moving people sustainably and seamlessly from the first mile to the last. We know that what brings us together is a unique culture, our passion for mobility, and a culture of excellence and trust. We shape the future of mobility and move beyond!
Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Be a part of it, design the future of Mobility and join us for your internship with Siemens Mobility Singapore.
What You Will Do
Data Engineer Intern will assist the Design, Development & Documentation of data driven solutions on the Rail Enterprise Asset Management System. He is responsible to describe the solution in relation to a specific use case and need to translate business requirements into a technical specification.
- Translation of business requirements into solution concepts in closed alignment with the Business Analysts, Domain Experts, Data Scientist, and other Developers to ensure overall consistency of integration.
- Get involved in building Reliable & Robust data ingestion pipelines with other senior developers of the Rail Enterprise Asset Management System.
- Involve in data loading activities as & when required.
- Involve in doing POC or exploring new tools to improve existing solution.
- Capable to understand current development environment & fix issues on existing & newly developed data ingestion pipelines.
What You will Learn:
- Gain experience in coding skills for languages like Python, Shell scripts, Groovy, SQL.
- Gain experience in Big Data tools such as HDFS, Spark, Hive, NiFi.
- Gain rail domain knowledge from Domain Experts & Business Analysts.
- Gain experience in building enterprise grade solution.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing undergraduate studies in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or related field.
- Basic understanding of coding languages like Python / Java / Scala.
- Basic understanding of Scripting languages like Shell / Groovy / Curl.
- Technical experience & Know How in the following areas: Writing SQL Queries, Unix/Linux command, Using Putty like tools.
- Basic understanding of Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, HBase, Hive, and Spark will be a plus.
- Basic understanding of NoSQL Databases like Hive, HBase & Cassandra will be a plus.
- Basic Understanding of concepts like job scheduling, Data Catalog, Data Governance will be a plus.
- Ability to clarify & discuss technical concerns with both Technical & non-technical individuals.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering
- Closing Date:26th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm