We’re looking for collaborative leaders who want to make a difference and are creative, resourceful and true problem solvers. Additionally, we are searching for individuals who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges, and are not satisfied with business as usual. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and to contribute to the successes of the company, our customers, and the world.
The FLDP internship is a 12 week summer program targeting rising fourth year students in Accounting/Finance majors. Upon completion of the internship, students can apply to the FLDP rotational program. Students who do not participate in the internship can still apply to the rotational program.
The Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) prepares you to support a wide range of businesses as a financial leader in our organization. You will learn what it takes to analyze and manage the financial aspects of a company ranked among the top 50 in sales in the world.
The FLDP is a two-year rotational program, three 8-month assignments, where participants will be exposed to corporate accounting, cost accounting, project controlling, financial analysis, performance controlling and reporting. You will receive mentoring from Siemens Healthineers’ team of business leaders, gain access to and network with Siemens Healthineers experienced decision-makers, and learn the overall strategy, systems, and accomplishments that make this company a global leader.
Upon completion of the program, graduates have transitioned into roles such as Financial Analyst, Staff Accountant, Business Process Specialist/Auditor, Credit Analyst, or Cost Accountant for Siemens Healthineers.
What You Will Do
- Completes a series of job rotations and project assignments designed to develop competencies in the area of finance.
- Assists in the creation of business segment budget, control policies and procedures, and coordinates implementation with other Siemens organizations.
- Assists in collecting and analyzing information relevant to a routine situation, makes risk assessments and identifies various options or alternatives.
- Assists in routine purchasing, administrative, and information services functions of the business segment.
- Assists in routine finance/accounting planning activities, assuring accurate record keeping and control accordance with Siemens Healthineers policies.
Performance Controlling/Financial Analysis:
- Consolidate financial activities such as forecasting and budgeting.
- Perform monthly reporting analysis.
- Participate in special projects.
- Learn and apply policies and accounting concepts.
- Research and understand IFRS guidelines.
- Reconcile major trial balance accounts.
- Perform monthly closing activities.
- Learn cost, inventory, and project costing.
- Perform closure of work orders.
- Manage inventory tracking and reporting.
- Prepare journal entries.
Business Area, Business Line, NAM Region Exposure:
- Reporting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Exposure to specific product lines and segments.
- Liaison between business units and corporate office.
Operational Review/Internal Audit:
- Learn audit techniques and business process.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Enforce organizational policies and procedures.
Plant or Field Accounting:
- Gain exposure to cost accounting and operations experience in manufacturing or field location.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Majors in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Management with an Accounting or Finance concentration.
- Rising fourth year students.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Minimum GPA: 3.2.
- Typically up to one year of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of professional principles and skills.
- Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Must be willing to relocate and travel as required by program or must feel comfortable working in a fully virtual format.
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Banking and Finance, Business...
Pennsylvania (United States...
- Closing Date:25th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm