Are you a recent IT Graduate with a passion for all things technical. Are you driven by solving technical problems and fascinated with rolling out cutting edge solutions?
If so then this could be the opportunity for you. You will build and configure full stack Manufacturing Operations Management and Manufacturing Execution Management applications to meet business process and application requirements.
What You Will Do
- Configure and develop MOM solutions using Siemens’ Digital portfolio of products.
- Software Development using C#.Net.
- Work closely with MES Engineers to design and build UI features for web-based and mobile devices.
- Responsible for the visual appeal, messaging and user interaction of the MOM/MES solution and understanding how the user interface supports the solution’s overall business objectives.
- Software Test Procedures, Testing and site installation.
- Post installation and commissioning support.
- Report directly to Engineering – Digital Solutions Lead and Project Manager.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Qualifications - B.Sc. Computer Science, B.Eng. must include Computer Science subjects, B.Sc. (Eng) Mining Engineering must include Computer Science subjects.
- Experience with software version control systems (Git, Subversion, Microsoft Team Foundation).
- Development knowledge on C#.Net and SQL Server Databases, using SOA framework.
- Technical Solution Design - Must be able to translate software requirements into a detailed technical solution design based on C#.Net and Siemens Products.
- Software Standards - Need to understand the different components of a MOM/MES solution and be able to develop within the standards set by the team.
- Back End Development - Able to develop software using C#.Net and Microsoft SQL.
- Front End Development - Able to develop HTML5 and AngularJS single page front end applications to support backend services developed in C#.Net and Microsoft SQL.
- Software Testing - Need to have a good understanding of software testing methodologies to do both functional and non-functional testing. Must be able to develop test procedures for doing Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, etc.
- Post installation support - Post installation support on the solution will be required for a period after commissioning.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:30th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm