This is a Three Year training programme to become certified as a Chartered Accountant with SAICA based in Accounting & Controlling. Rotation in other business divisions, business units or corporate support functions to gain core competencies.
Enter a specifically designed general or functionally defined technical introduction program, in order to get a broad range of initial working experience, to prepare for a professional or management career with Siemens.
What You Will Do
- Plans, prepares and consolidates balance sheet and P&L statements and reports, according to relevant accounting standards (IFRS, GAAP, local standard etc.).
- Prepares reports for division or support function management.
- Analyze and evaluate assets and liabilities.
- Contributes with analyses relevant for annual financial statements.
- Co-operates with vendors, clients in reconciling the account status, on an accountable level.
- Keeps abreast with changes of internal guidelines and external accounting standards, and prepares and presents training.
- Review and update published guidelines owned by Processes & Projects.
- Issue and implement new accounting guidelines.
- Investigates project and other adhoc queries from the divisions and support functions.
- Plan and prepare budgets and forecast for corporate units.
- Capture budget and forecast into SAP.
- Allocate Infrastructure costs as per approved budget for distribution to divisions.
- Provide support to colleagues in the other African countries.
- Provide support to corporate units with respect to specialized reporting required by Head Quarter reporting.
- Proactively understand and implement Support Function and Financial Reporting Guideline requirements.
- Participates in a specifically designed general or functionally defined technical introduction program.
- Actively gathers broad range of initial working experience to prepare for a professional or management career with Siemens.
- Completes tasks assigned in the respective stages of the program.
- Works in projects assigned, contributes to the solution's development and proposes new ideas based on own academic background.
- Keeps in touch with the person coordinating the trainee program and with the superior (mentor, respectively).
- Asks for feedback and considers received feedback in own development.
- Ensures that all SAICA learning requirements technically and professionally are met with in the relevant time period.
- Through exposure and training on - Financial management, management decision-making, financial accounting, internal audit, corporate governance, auditing & assurance, taxation, commercial project management, and controlling.
- Including development and training on interpersonal & communication skills, intellectual skills, and organizational & management skills.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Completed BCom Accounting Honours (CTA- Level 2).
- Previous working experience advantageous.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- High performer.
- Ability to work within a team and autonomously.
- Analytical thinker.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:19th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm