As a Silicon Labs Intern, you will join a collaborative team where you will help develop the industry’s leading products in IoT and Infrastructure and Automotive (I&A), all while being mentored and closely guided by top engineers who have a vested interest in your success. And don’t worry, you’ll still have plenty of opportunities to learn, network, and develop new skills through our social events, development lectures, and volunteer opportunities.
What You Will Do
- Work directly with IoT engineers writing Python scripts to ascertain package and pinout information used for generating PCB landing patterns, schematic symbols and CAD drawings.
- Write MCU code and build a GUI to test our audio SPI board.
- Does the idea of measuring time in femtoseconds (10^-15 seconds!) or synchronizing time across a network to better than 100 ns? You could develop software to operate and test circuits in the lab or contribute to evaluation boards, bench measurements, and customer support.
- Use Raspberry Pi to control radio tuners and demons using on our next generation of Automotive tuners.
- Work on low power design in a novel power management chip or high performance and flexible clock generation and synchronization ICs and design circuits that achieve maximum power efficiency with minimum design & fabrication costs.
- Develop highly integrated mixed signal SoCs for the broad-based microcontroller market segment for IoT solutions. At the end of the summer, you can hold a final design review and share your project results with our top-tier design team.
- You will also competitive analysis, supporting product definition, package analysis, product verification, device characterization, and customer support.
- Product and test development of high speed and mixed signal ICs from the post-design stage through manufacturing release. Develop test solutions used in design validation and mass production. Support manufacturing engineers on yield improvement, quality assurance, and cost reduction efforts.
- Develop hardware and software for device characterization and production test on automated test equipment (ATE). Perform characterization and reliability qualification of new designs and provide statistical analysis of results. Develop hardware for stress tests in product qualification. Meet schedules for prototype evaluation, characterization, qualification and production release.
- Design, program and debug PC & embedded software applications to assist in the automated verification and validation of IOT IC products and writing debugging test scripts to help our Thread SQA team by automating Thread Test harnesses.
- Assist in one or more of the following areas – Work towards GUI development and cloud, unit test development, performance test & analysis, test network/build systems maintenance & enhancement, tools development, systems administration.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are an innovator, builder, and tinkerer. You are looking for an opportunity to show-off your breadth of skills from several disciplines. You want to work with a global team of technology enthusiasts and design pioneers. Here’s what you need:
- Completion of 2+ years of study.
- Enrollment in BS/MS/PhD Electrical or Computer Engineering degree plan.
- Coursework in embedded programming, scripting, analog or digital design, and/or participation in MCU classes or labs.
- You are interested in PCB design, Phase Locked Loops, RF Signals, and jitter and phase noise measurement.
- Strong C programming skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug systems, circuits, and devices.
- Coursework in Logic Design, Computer Architecture, VLSI, Device Physics, Analog/Mixed Signal IC design, or related topics.
- A strong knowledge of Concepts, implementation, simulation, and verification in SoC Design,
- Communications Systems, RF and Integrated circuit design.
- Digital signal processing.
- Low-power techniques.
- Electromagnetic modelling and interference mitigation techniques.
- Data conversion, op amps, power management, regulators, oscillators, low power techniques, high precision techniques, noise analysis, PLLs.
- Clock and data recovery.
- Coursework in Analog Systems, IC Design, and Semiconductor Fabrication preferred.
- Software development knowledge including C/C++, Visual Basic, PERL, or Python.
- Hardware design lab or internship experience using PCB design software.
- Coursework in embedded programming (C), scripting, or MCUs as well as exposure to web development languages and tools.
- Exposure to development tools for embedded systems such as analyzers, oscilloscopes, traffic generators, JTAG, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with assembly language of at least one microcontroller such as the ARM, AVR, MSP430 or 8051.
- Experience using both simulations and hardware testing a plus.
- Familiarity of various technologies and languages including Python, User Interface (UI)/User Experience (UX) design, Object Oriented design, TCP/IP Networking, Bluetooth, Zigbee, or Z-wave.
- Job type:Internships
Massachusetts (United States...
- Closing Date:24th Aug 2019, 6:00 pm