We are currently recruiting for an People Administrator to join our People team in the African region. Your responsibilities will include to perform general administrative functions for the Human Resources department. Act as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees and external parties. Deliver a human resource function that supports SLR’s overall strategic aims and objectives. Provide support for the delivery of the people strategy.
What You Will Do
- Schedule Employment Equity Committee Meetings.
- Record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes for employment equity and skills development meetings.
- Assist with the submission of Employment Equity report to the department of labour.
- Build relationship with university contacts and participate in open day events.
- Assist with the recruitment process of bursary students.
- Support the administration process of bursaries and internships.
- Manage skills development database monthly. Ensure that supporting documentation is in place.
- Updating of leaning interventions in Sage.
- Update OFO codes and ensure that employee information for skills development is up to date and correct.
- Assist with the submission of mandatory grant to the SETAs.
- Assist with the SETA learning programme application process.
- Assist with the administration of bursaries, internships and other skills development activities.
- Update qualifications and professional registration for all employees in Sage.
- Manage and update the skills matrix.
- Support the performance management process. Update templates, ensure system is updated regularly, provide updates on personal development plan progress, and manage training schedules.
- Assist with uploading and updating documents on Agylia - Learning Management System.
- Manage and update the HRIS system.
- Maintain staff records.
- Data capturing on HRIS.
- Submit monthly salary information to the payroll/finance team.
- Produce various reports from Payroll Systems.
- Complete payroll reconciliation in consultation with Finance department.
- Complete third party payment requisition for various payroll deductions.
- Manage leave records and recons.
- Filling of payroll admin.
- Deal promptly with queries concerning salaries.
- Compile monthly risk, provident fund, medical aid and gap cover reconciliation; remove terminated employees, add new employees, etc.
- Maintain database of staff including records of qualifications and certification.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or similar qualification.
- 1 - 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and interpret written and numerical data.
- Working knowledge of current HR legislation.
- Working knowledge of payroll and HRIS.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to engage and operate at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated with ability to use own initiative.
- Good communication skills - Written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize work and complete tasks efficiently.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Administration, Human Resources
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:25th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm