We are currently seeking a talented Graduate Engineer in our Construction & Pavements section in our Cape Town office. The person will be required to provide assistance to Engineers and to be responsible for the technical design of projects within the section and must have acquired a Masters Degree or higher qualification.
SMEC South Africa has exciting opportunities for new engineers in their Cape Town Office Construction & Pavements division. This division, specializing in pavement and rehabilitation design, materials investigation and design, and construction supervision and administration, prides itself on technical excellence.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will be able to:
- Build SMEC's brand regionally & Nationally as a leading consultant with a strong reputation for innovation, technical excellence, quality, and project delivery.
- Assist the Regions to achieve sustainable growth of the group through targeted client relationship management and business development activity.
- When required, provide project governance, at project manager level, of project management in the group to achieve reliable project performance in terms of sophistication, timeliness, and quality.
- Support functional management to provide leadership to the employees in the group to ensure cohesion, optimal performance, resourcing, retention, and professional development.
What You Will Do
- Materials/field investigations.
- Visual assessments on roads.
- Pavement analysis and design.
- Rehabilitation design.
- Site supervision where required.
- Compiling bills of quantities.
- Project specifications.
- Producing drawings if needed.
- Regular communication with immediate supervisor.
- Draft technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
- Lead a small team of Technicians/Draughtsmen on a project.
- Responsible for completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
- Develop understanding of local functional business technologies and markets.
- Awareness of time and cost implications on projects.
- Assist with straightforward bids.
- Manage meeting schedule and agendas and compile minutes.
- Providing assistance to Engineers with regards to checking of technical designs.
- Completing technical duties as directed by the Engineer inclusive of design, costing and specifications.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Masters of Engineering degree/higher degree from an accredited university.
- 0- 3 years’ experience.
- Previous design experience with Civil3D will be advantageous.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse and multi- disciplinary environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and motivation to produce high-quality work.
- Keen interest in pavement and materials design.
- Awareness of time and deadlines.
- Awareness of company systems and procedures.
- Ability to check and inspect constructed works for compliance to design and specifications with moderate supervision.
- Able to present/represent his/ her specific technical work (presentations/ meetings).
- Familiar with work procedures.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2022, 6:00 pm