What We Offer
Our Graduate Program is a two-year elite program with the following aims:
- Provide you with a unique opportunity to kick off your dream career
- Build solid foundations for your future growth and development
- Give you a chance to contribute to the development and success of the bank
During the two-year program, intensive and comprehensive talent management approach will be adopted to develop your skills and professional expertise.
There are two streams under the Front Office Graduate Program (Global Markets OR Global Banking and Advisory).
You will be part of the Global Markets group which brings together the Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team.
You will take on three eight-month rotations amongst the following teams.
For your first rotation, you will join one of the following transversal functions to give you a comprehensive overview of the bank and capital markets, as well as the regulatory framework:
- Global Markets Marketing
- Business Management Office
Depending on your profile, you will follow either a Sales Stream OR a Trading Stream for the second and third rotations.
For the Sales Stream, the second and third rotations will be:
- As a Sales Assistant, you will service different types of clientele (Hedge Funds, Corporates, China Desk) or asset classes (Fixed Income, Credit, FX, Cash Equity, Equity Derivatives).
For the Trading Stream, the second and third rotations will be:
- As a Trading Assistant, you will support the desks covering Flow Products, Exotic Products or Prime Brokerage activities within any of the asset classes covered by our Hong Kong teams (Fixed Income, Credit, FX, Listed and OTC Equities).
Global Banking and Advisory
Global Banking and Advisory combines a transversal, product-neutral wholesale Coverage team spanning all businesses with capital raising, financing and advisory expertise.
You will take on two or three rotations amongst the following teams:
Either in the five business divisions
- Investment Banking Division
- Asset Finance
- Natural Resources and Infrastructure
- Asset Backed Products
Or in the transversal function
- Coverage of corporates and financial institutions
- Credit Management Group
We are looking for exceptional university graduates with the following attributes and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited university with excellent academic results
- Fresh graduates or candidates with less than one year’s working experience after graduation
- Passionate for a long-term career development in the banking industry
- Strong leadership potential and interpersonal skills
- Good commercial acumen
- Superior analytical, critical-thinking and communications skills
- Self-motivated, mature, and possessing a strong drive for excellence
- Open to different ideas and cultures and enjoy being part of a team
- Ability to solve problems and propose new ideas
- Good coding skills (for example VBA and/or Python) is a plus
- Excellent command of English
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:7th Nov 2021, 3:00 pm