You will undergo a summer program within CLD and rotate across the different departments involved in KYC, Client Experience, Controls and COO functions with exposure to responsibilities, such as:
- Performing KYC analysis, gain exposure on client onboarding journey and regulatory requirements
- Working in collaboration with Front Office / Project Management / KYC teams / Other members of the onboarding organisation and contribute to the production workload of the team
- Supporting the Controls Office and the department in ensuring that the end to end control environment is operating as intended
- Playing a key involvement in execution of ad hoc or analytical requests relating to CLD
- Performing analysis and research to support the day-to-day onboarding processes and issues arising from compliance, audit or controls, and present the findings in a cohesive manner
- Working on transformation initiatives aimed at automation and efficiency gains
- Preparing, analyzing and designing reporting metrics for presentation to various levels of the management committee through data analysis of onboarding production team statistics
- Communicating with management on status, milestones and RAIDs, and escalate in a proactive timely manner
The Client Lifecycle & Digital Department (CLD) resides as part of the Wholesale Clients Technology & Operations division within Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS).
CLD’s mission is to deliver a state-of-the art digital platform, targeting both users and clients in covering pre-trade, execution and post-trade activities. CLD aims to grow our internal client knowledge and deliver a user-friendly experience through the client lifecycle, while mitigating risk to protect the bank. The department consists of the following teams:
- Existing Client Management (ECM) – responsible for managing and completing all KYC reviews, including periodic reviews, trigger events and remediation
- New Business Onboarding (NBO) – responsible for managing and completing all new client onboarding activities
- Client Experience Management (CXP) – responsible for providing our key clients with bespoke service, and acts as a final escalation point to address client incidents and requests
- Controls Office – responsible for clarification of AML policy, development of operational procedures, quality management and management of client reference and regulatory data
- COO & Transformation – responsible for management and delivery of day-to-day activities, as well as change initiatives impacting CLD
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Finance or similar
- Fluent in English, with an Asian language being a plus
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others
- Proficiency in Excel macro development / VBA preferred
- Must be very reliable and pay particular attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly to challenging situations and find innovative solutions
- Good communication skills
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:2nd Apr 2021, 3:00 pm