The Client Lifecycle & Digital Department (CLD) resides as part of the Wholesale Clients Technology & Operations division within Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS).
CLD’s mission is to deliver a state-of-the art digital platform, targeting both users and clients in covering pre-trade, execution and post-trade activities. CLD aims to grow our internal client knowledge and deliver a user-friendly experience through the client lifecycle, while mitigating risk to protect the bank. The department consists of the following teams:
- Existing Client Management (ECM) – responsible for managing and completing all KYC reviews, including periodic reviews, trigger events and remediation.
- New Business Onboarding (NBO) – responsible for managing and completing all new client onboarding activities.
- Client Experience Management (CXP) – responsible for providing our key clients with bespoke service, and acts as a final escalation point to address client incidents and requests.
- Controls Office – responsible for clarification of AML policy, development of operational procedures, quality management and management of client reference and regulatory data.
- COO & Transformation – responsible for management and delivery of day-to-day activities, as well as change initiatives impacting CLD.
What You Will Do
You will undergo a summer program within CLD and rotate across the different departments involved in KYC, Client Experience, Controls and COO functions with exposure to responsibilities, such as:
- Performing KYC analysis, gain exposure on client onboarding journey and regulatory requirements.
- Working in collaboration with Front Office / Project Management / KYC teams / Other members of the onboarding organization and contribute to the production workload of the team.
- Supporting the Controls Office and the department in ensuring that the end-to-end control environment is operating as intended.
- Playing a key involvement in execution of ad hoc or analytical requests relating to CLD.
- Performing analysis and research to support the day-to-day onboarding processes and issues arising from compliance, audit or controls, and present the findings in a cohesive manner.
- Working on transformation initiatives aimed at automation and efficiency gains.
- Preparing, analyzing and designing reporting metrics for presentation to various levels of the management committee through data analysis of onboarding production team statistics.
- Communicating with management on status, milestones and RAIDs, and escalate in a proactive timely manner.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Finance or similar.
- Fluent in English, with an Asian language being a plus.
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success.
- Display responsibility and act ethically.
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others.
- Proficiency in Excel macro development / VBA preferred.
- Must be very reliable and pay particular attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt quickly to challenging situations and find innovative solutions.
- Good communication skills.
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority.
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions.
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple.
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance.
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others.
This is a 1–3-month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Engineering
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:17th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm