As part of the Business Support Unit, the IT team oversees development and support of tools used by Delta 1 and Security finance traders, sales, and operation teams.
The team is composed of 15 developers and application support analysts in Hong Kong. All the developers are based in the dealing room and interact daily with users.
What You Will Do
- Understand users’ requirements and be able to design and propose solutions.
- Develop/enhance applications for Security Finance and Delta1.
- Lead small initiatives to improve team processes.
- Work with the team to offer innovative technological solutions and new perspectives on issues.
- Communicate and report to IT peers and business teams.
- Be fully autonomous to collect requirements, design solutions and implement them.
- Be creative and innovative and propose better solutions whenever possible.
- Be open-minded and curious to help rationalize and maintain the existing systems.
- Foresee possible issues to avoid them in early development stages.
- Be aware and curious about new technologies to share their benefits and explore them.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Engineering/analytical mindset: Able to develop well-structured and simple solutions; enjoys delivering solutions to business.
- Curious, self-learning and autonomous: Not afraid to learn and pick up new skills (both technical and functional).
- Passionate about technology: Proactive, innovative, likes to stay up to date with latest technologies and trends.
- Some financial knowledge is a plus (Equity derivatives, equity finance preferred).
- Core Java or Kotlin development (Java 8, Spring boot) is desirable.
- Some knowledge in Python is desirable.
- Modern software development practices: Agile methodology, Continuous Delivery, Cloud Computing (Micro Services, Docker, etc.) is a plus.
- Fluent in English is mandatory.
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:17th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm