The Global Banking & Advisory department, and more specifically the Natural Resources division has for mission statement to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services.
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group provides a full range of finance and advisory services for producers, traders, processors and end-users of energy, metals and soft commodities as well as public sector through four key platforms: (1) Energy group, (2) Metals & Mining finance group, (3) Traders, Commodity finance & Agribusiness group and (4) Infrastructure finance, as well as MARK/CTY joint venture.
The Energy Finance team is in charge of project financing and advisory services for energy sector including O&G and power as well as renewable energy sector players.
As an intern in the Energy Finance team, the candidate’s primary mission will be supporting the team.
What You Will Do
- Assist in all aspects of the marketing process including market research.
- Put together pitch books.
- Assist in all aspects of the credit process.
- Prepare credit applications.
- Ensure that all credit and marketing material is completed in a timely manner and to the expected standard.
- Keep up to date with changes in the natural resources’ markets.
- Work jointly with other Business Lines as the case may be, including M&A, Commodities and Acquisition Department.
- Assist in reporting tools.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Engineering or similar degree.
- Good knowledge of accounting and finance and/or legal, e.g., proof of some professional exams or selective subjects in accounting and finance and/or legal during university study would be an advantage.
- Competence in financial modelling and financial accounting and cash-flow analysis techniques.
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and deliver assigned task under tight deadline.
- Display responsibility and act ethically.
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others.
- Fluent English and Mandarin speaking and writing skills is mandatory. Other Asian language would be a plus.
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge.
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority.
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities.
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance.
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on.
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Engineering, Law
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:13th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm