As an intern in the Energy Finance team, the candidate’s primary mission will be supporting the team.
- Assist in all aspects of the marketing process including market research
- Put together pitch books
- Assist in all aspects of the credit process
- Prepare credit applications
- Ensure that all credit and marketing material is completed in a timely manner and to the expected standard
- Keep up to date with changes in the natural resources’ markets
- Work jointly with other Business Lines as the case may be, including M&A, Commodities and Acquisition Department
Assist in reporting tools
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Engineering or similar degree
- Good knowledge of accounting and finance and/or legal, e.g. proof of some professional exams or selective subjects in accounting and finance and/or legal during university study would be an advantage
- Competence in financial modelling and financial accounting and cash-flow analysis techniques
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and deliver assigned task under tight deadline
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others
- Fluent English and Mandarin speaking and writing skills is mandatory. Other Asian language would be a plus
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Global Banking & Advisory department, and more specifically the Natural Resources division has for mission statement to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services.
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group provides a full range of finance and advisory services for producers, traders, processors and end-users of energy, metals and soft commodities as well as public sector through four key platforms: (1) Energy group, (2) Metals & Mining finance group, (3) Traders, Commodity finance & Agribusiness group and (4) Infrastructure finance, as well as MARK/CTY joint venture.
The Energy Finance team is in charge of project financing and advisory services for energy sector including O&G and power as well as renewable energy sector players.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:2nd Apr 2021, 3:00 pm