Supporting the EQD Prime business within the Hong Kong office covering the XSF Sales organisation, Platform Sales organisation, and Execution Services organisation (CEE + ETD), on a rotational basis. The focus of each vertical is in the servicing of EQD Prime's client-base, covering synthetic equity (swap), cash equity, and exchange traded futures and options.
Within this rotation responsibilities will include, but are not limited too:
- Assist the desks and BMO team in their day to day tasks
- Ensure smooth operations of the desks in interaction with other departments (e.g. IT, Operations, Risk, Legal and Compliance, Finance)
- Follow-up on client on-boarding cases
- Produce periodical and ad-hoc activity reports for desks and business line management
- Perform administrative tasks (maintain referential data, documentations etc)
- Perform activity controls and operational checks
- Maintain procedures and business line presentations/marketing documents up to date
- Simplify or automate recurring processes run by the BMO team
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Quantitative Finance or similar
- Demonstrable interest in finance and markets
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Good analytical skills and an aptitude for numbers with attention to details
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS :
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Prime Services group within EQD provides a broad range of specialized services to hedge fund, futures and, execution and clearing clients such as securities lending, custody & settlement, margin financing, execution and clearing services, accounting, and portfolio analytics.
The successful candidate will work in the Risk team (1st line of defense) that looks at these businesses and will play an important role in day-to-day risk management as well as a leading role in platform development.
The Prime Service risk group is a global team operating out of Paris, London, New York, Chicago, and Hong Kong.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:All Disciplines
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:25th Nov 2022, 3:59 pm