The internship is designed to offer the candidate experience of working within operations. This will encompass exposure to both running the daily business as well as demonstrating an aptitude for change management. Specifically, the intern will:
- Ensure corporate actions are captured in a daily diary
- Ensure that clients are notified of corporate actions throughout the event lifecycle
- Create booking templates to reflect changes to client positions resulting from corporate actions
- Assist in the creation of of simple tools to enhance the ticketed workflow
- Create client dashboards in Power BI detailing both client trading activity and their utilisation of operational capacity
- Assist in building simple macros to assist in trade control functions
- Assist in enhancing the trade flow on conversions (typical depository receipts to ordinary stock)
- Assist in building control functions relating to operational client onboarding
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, IT or similar
- Demostrate a genuine interest in building a career in the financial industry
- Result oriented: demonstrate strong drive to achieve result while well estimate risk of own actions
- Client focus: consistently search for ways to improve client service
- Excellent communication skills: required to work with various internal partners
- Team Player: Make cooperation between colleagues, inside and outside the team, a priority
- Responsible, proactive and positive mindset
- Think out of the box; propose new ideas and solutions on identified problems or existing processes
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree and are available for the 1-3 month period.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Equity Prime Brokerage and Corporate Actions Middle Office teams sit in the Global Business Service Unit (GBSU). The team handle operational, administrative and financial processes initiated by Equity and Equity Derivative business lines. In addition, the team ensures the control and security of transaction processing in accordance with current financial legislation and firm wide controls.
Product scope: Product scope: Dynamic Portfolio Swap (DPS), Cash Equity, Fixed Income.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:2nd Apr 2021, 3:00 pm