The Equity Prime Brokerage and Corporate Actions Middle Office teams sit in the Global Business Service Unit (GBSU). The team handle operational, administrative and financial processes initiated by Equity and Equity Derivative business lines. In addition, the team ensures the control and security of transaction processing in accordance with current financial legislation and firm wide controls.
Product scope - Dynamic Portfolio Swap (DPS), Cash Equity, Fixed Income.
What You Will Do
The internship is designed to offer the candidate experience of working within operations. This will encompass exposure to both running the daily business as well as demonstrating an aptitude for change management.
Specifically, the intern will:
- Ensure corporate actions are captured in a daily diary.
- Ensure that clients are notified of corporate actions throughout the event lifecycle.
- Create booking templates to reflect changes to client positions resulting from corporate actions.
- Assist in the creation of simple tools to enhance the ticketed workflow.
- Create client dashboards in Power BI detailing both client trading activity and their utilization of operational capacity.
- Assist in building simple macros to assist in trade control functions.
- Assist in enhancing the trade flow on conversions (typical depository receipts to ordinary stock).
- Assist in building control functions relating to operational client onboarding.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, IT or similar.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in building a career in the financial industry.
- Result oriented: demonstrate strong drive to achieve result while well estimate risk of own actions.
- Client focus: consistently search for ways to improve client service.
- Excellent communication skills: required to work with various internal partners.
- Team Player: Make cooperation between colleagues, inside and outside the team, a priority.
- Responsible, proactive and positive mindset.
- Think out of the box; propose new ideas and solutions on identified problems or existing processes.
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment.
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
This is a 1–3-month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and are available for the 1–3-month period.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Information Technology,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:17th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm