Work with the level 2 support team for Global Market activities’ information system, mainly within an Equity environment but not only as we also cover fixed income & forex products. The aim of this internship is to deliver efficient monitoring tools, adapted to a market financial environment, to detect potential anomalies when platforms start and during the day.
What You Will Do
- Industrialize & Automate our monitoring tools & create new ones when necessary in order to secure the Production.
- Estimate the risks and opportunities of our tools and processes, and propose initiatives to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency and rationalize them.
- Secure the startup of Market Access Applications and provide Automated Dashboard to the L2 Support team.
- Rationalize, Industrialize and reduce the entropy of the numerous monitoring tools, emails & script we have.
- Create documentation and report regularly on issues to direct management, follows Production processes closely on incident, problem and request management, adheres to code of conduct.
- Innovate, create new way of monitoring when necessary (Machine learning, Predictive approach).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, engineering, information system or similar.
- Able to manage pressure by accompany business requests while seating on the trading floor.
- Good knowledge on both UNIX and Windows environment.
- Good knowledge on SQL.
- Familiar with Shell commands.
- Reliability and rigor.
- Good knowledge on Global Markets activities.
- Proactive / Innovative.
- Excellent attitude towards work, colleagues and management.
- A performer, demonstrates best qualities and ability to learn quickly.
- Good communication and organizational skills, analytical mind.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:14th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm