Risk monitoring and reporting:
- Help analyzing prospective client portfolios through the in-house VAR system
- Review and monitor intraday risk management systems
- Monitor various end-of-day reporting facilities – equities, foreign exchange, swap, stock borrow and lending transactions
- Review and approve e-trading limits for clients with electronic connectivity
- Understand how the business operates and suggest improvements to processes via automation / data visualization
- Work with other Prime Services desks to help design, build and deliver shared projects
- Take ownership for assigned projects and interact with IT
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Quantitative Finance or IT
- Demonstrable interest in finance, markets, fintech
- IT literate and can demonstrate examples of data visualization/automation (i.e. with Python, VBA, Tableau)
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to be able to work independently
- Good analytical skills and an aptitude for numbers with attention to detail
- Fluent English
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
- The Prime Services group within EQD provides a broad range of specialized services to hedge fund, futures and, execution and clearing clients such as securities lending, custody & settlement, margin financing, execution and clearing services, accounting and portfolio analytics.
- The successful candidate will work in the Risk team that looks at these businesses and will play an important role in day to day risk management as well as a leading role in platform development.
- The Prime Service risk group is a global team operating out of Paris, London, New York, Chicago and Hong Kong.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:2nd Apr 2021, 3:00 pm