Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
The Prime Services group within EQD provides a broad range of specialized services to hedge fund, futures and, execution and clearing clients such as securities lending, custody & settlement, margin financing, execution and clearing services, accounting and portfolio analytics.
The successful candidate will work in the Risk team that looks at these businesses and will play an important role in day-to-day risk management as well as a leading role in platform development. The Prime Service risk group is a global team operating out of Paris, London, New York, Chicago and Hong Kong.
What You Will Do
Risk Monitoring and Reporting:
- Help analyzing prospective client portfolios through the in-house VAR system.
- Review and monitor intraday risk management systems.
- Monitor various end-of-day reporting facilities – equities, foreign exchange, swap, stock borrow and lending transactions.
- Review and approve e-trading limits for clients with electronic connectivity.
- Understand how the business operates and suggest improvements to processes via automation / data visualization.
- Work with other Prime Services desks to help design, build and deliver shared projects.
- Take ownership for assigned projects and interact with IT.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Quantitative Finance or IT.
- Demonstrable interest in finance, markets, fintech.
- IT literate and can demonstrate examples of data visualization/automation (i.e., with Python, VBA, Tableau).
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to be able to work independently.
- Good analytical skills and an aptitude for numbers with attention to detail.
- Fluent English.
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:12th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm