Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
The Mining, Metals and Industries Finance team provides structured corporate finance and project finance funding, and advisory solutions to miners, metals producers, and players in downstream industries including recycling and batteries of electric vehicles.
As an intern in the Mining, Metals and Industries Finance team, the candidate’s primary mission will be to support the team.
What You Will Do
- Assist in all aspects of the marketing process including market research.
- Put together pitch books.
- Assist in all aspects of the credit process including credit applications.
- Ensure that all credit and marketing material is completed in a timely manner and to the expected standard.
- Keep up to date with changes in the natural resource's markets.
- Work jointly with other Business Lines as the case may be.
- Assist in reporting tools.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Engineering or similar degree.
- Good knowledge of accounting and finance and/or legal, e.g., proof of some professional exams or selective subjects in accounting and finance and/or legal during university study would be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of credit and risk assessment, cross border loan or/and project finance is preferred but not a must.
- Good presentation skill.
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and deliver assigned task under tight deadline.
- Display responsibility and act ethically.
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others.
- Fluent English and Mandarin is mandatory. Other Asian language would be a plus.
- Client - Understanding and Respect: When communicating with our clients/internal partners I listen in order to understand and anticipate their needs.
- Commitment - Exemplarity: I embody the Group’s values.
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I Favour the company's best interest over my team's results.
- Team Spirit - Open mindset/Respect: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode.
- Responsibility - Performance: I generate outstanding individual and collective performance.
- Commitment - Care: I listen and demonstrate emotional intelligence to engage others.
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Engineering, Law
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:12th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm