TRAINEE: Business Manager Assistant
Your main responsibilities and missions will be:
- Assist Fixed Income & Currencies Business managers, Traders and sales in their day-to-day tasks
- Work closely with Support Functions
- Prepare the meeting minutes for Weekly meetings
- Follow up of IT issues impacting Sales and Traders
- Support Sales/Traders on KYC “Know Your Customer” process
- Support Fixed Income & Currencies team Business management and Front Office for business plans, New Product Committee and suitability committee
- Support the sales & trading Business managers for medium long-term project
- Participate to the business planning process
OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGEMENT
- Enhance current operational risk monitoring process
- Answer to specific trade-related question regarding rules to be applied or client suitability
- Help to monitor the Permanent Supervision (PS), and make sure PS is performed by Sales & Traders
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Business or similar.
- Previous working experience in financial field is a plus.
- Able to work under pressure and deal with exposure to risk.
- Result oriented, determined and able to make dependent decision.
- Familiar with any software and Excel, PowerPoint, VBA etc.
- Fluent English is mandatory, with other Asian language (i.e. Mandarin/ Cantonese) is a plus.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Team Spirit - Conflict Management: I deal with conflicts proactively and in a positive mode
- Commitment - Exemplarity: I embody the Group’s values
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The candidate will join Global Market division, Fixed Income and Currencies business.
FIC business line offers multi-asset (Rates, Credit, Emerging Markets and Foreign Exchange) and multi-product services to a wide array of client types: Banks, Asset Managers, Insurance Companies, Pension Funds, Leveraged Investors, Sovereigns, Corporates, Local Authorities and SMEs.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:24th Feb 2023, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.