- Prioritization of requests and leading prioritization meetings with dedicate representatives from each business line
- Help the client/sales to understand SG’s KYC requirements and provide additional rational as to why certain documents are being requested
- Ensure the relevance, quality and accuracy of main client description and categorization attributes in SGCIB and SG Group client data bases Take responsibility for the proper management of KYC files and client records in the information systems
- Use strong communication skills (verbal and written) to on-board new clients to the bank and ensure KYC files are consistently completed in line with policy and procedure.
- Manage communication & updates between all key stakeholders
- Ensure weekly productivity targets are met while quality remains at the highest standards
- The Case Lead is responsible to work closely with our outsourcing partners and set their priorities which have been agreed with the business
- Central point of contact for external Clients and internal stakeholders
- Ownership of the case from the point of documents collection to validation
- The case lead is responsible for assessing the final Client risk and providing final validation on the KYC analysis
- Advisory role for all BLs and Clients
- Understand profitability and urgency and challenge the non-standard requests
- Provide transparency, report incidents and escalade blocking or complex cases to front office or Compliance with expected actions plans
Major Accountabilities/Principal Responsibilities:
- Collect documentation from Clients and provide guidance and support
- Set regular meetings with key Clients for follow up
- Manage business priorities while at the same time providing transparency and visibility
- Lead performance meetings with internal Onboarding stakeholders and business
- Production of dashboards on a regular basis to inform all stakeholders on the status of their onboarding
- Produce reports for follow up, pipeline management and KPI monitoring
- Assist in managing a dedicated mailbox for the onboarding process
- Provide cross coverage on all team functions
- Provide assistance and expertise to FO and Clients on the client onboarding process
- Comply with all Risk and regulatory obligations where relevant
- Participates in key projects linked to onboarding
- 4-eye check & validation of KYC files to ensure that it is in line with policy and procedure
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required:
- Client facing skills – ability to speak to the client on regular basis and provide accurate and efficient information
- Ability to explain clearly to the client the requirements for the client onboarding process
- Ability to understand the client structure and the structure of a financial transaction
- Understanding of key issues in relation to AML risk, ability to identify relevant sources of information
- Strong interest in learning local AML/KYC regulatory and compliance matters
- Strong interest in KYC or client onboarding roles in a broker or investment bank environment
- Analytical skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure and handle difficult conversations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work within tight and changeable timeframes
- Ability to challenge the Business Lines in cases where the onboarding capacity cannot handle the current pipeline, able to identify the high priority cases vs the standard ones
- Ability to build and cultivate good working relationships with Business Lines and Clients
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, sense of service, and flexibility are essential requirements
- The position requires effectiveness, team spirit and an ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Transversal knowledge of the services and products of the corporate and investment banking sector. Specific knowledge of SG group is an advantage
- Eagerness to learn and to keep abreast of AML/KYC latest issues and requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Mandarin, Cantonese. Other languages are a plus
- Comfortable to work in an international, multi-cultural environment and team
- Recent graduate with Bachelor, Master in Business, or related disciplines.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Chinese (Mandarin) will be an advantage
- Some work experience in AML/KYC Due Diligence are will be an advantage
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:19th Mar 2021, 3:00 pm