Hong Kong is the regional Compliance hub; it is also the regional business hub. The Hong Kong Compliance team is 100+ staff and split into various teams based on their areas of expertise.
The candidate will be a member of the Hong Kong Compliance department under the Capital Market Surveillance team (CMS) and he / she will be supporting the team to detect any market abuse activities arising from clients or in-house traders.
This position constitutes a very good entry point into a leading financial services group, and a valuable experience in Compliance department as well as in transversal & organization functions of the bank.
What You Will Do
- Support the profiling of various clients, such as institutional and high frequency trading, and in-house algorithm for trading.
- Assist in the construction of market abuse risk analysis and mapping of trade surveillance controls to understand the residual risk.
- Analyse trading pattern such as inside dealing, ramping, wash trading and spoofing using trade surveillance tools.
- Support the running of CMS governance by compiling various indicators and management information for different stakeholders namely global trade surveillance, local compliance and management.
- Assist in the handling of regulator enquiries by collating information from various trading systems.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business School or specialize in data management or similar.
- Previous experience in a financial institution (preferably in Compliance, Risk, Internal Audit, or Operations).
- Proficiency in Word / PowerPoint / Excel including Macro (required to be able to compute data and perform some analysis on raw data).
- Able to articulate your ideas well in both verbal and written manner.
- Highly adaptable, well-organized and able to multitask.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Data Science and...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st May 2021, 6:00 pm