ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong.
Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management.
In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
You will join GBSU (Global Business Service Unit) in Hong-Kong, as controller on Exotic scope (Fixed Income, Equities and Hybrids).
The controller ensures proper booking of transactions and the accuracy of modeling of products to avoid any operational incident and risk.
What You Will Do
Control of the economic characteristics of transactions (primary bookings, secondary bookings, modifications and cancellations) based on contractual data and in particular:
- Ensure the consistency of transactional modeling with respect to term sheets.
- Control the payoff modeling data in relation to the term sheet.
- Perform regular stock review needed in case of specific Asia event or operational incidents occurred in Asia area.
Control on some non-contractual data following RISQ delegation procedure:
- Follow-up of transversal issues (Systems, financial, accounting ...).
- Participate in projects for the security and reliability of the control system.
- Participate in impact analysis as part of the development of new activities, including participation in New Product Committee preparation.
- Participate in the production of risk indicators (KRI) or performance indicators (KPI) of the team's activity.
- Contribute to regular error rate governance on Asia scope. Analyze error rate concentration and help identifying root-cause and remediation action plan.
Contribute to automation governance on Asia scope:
- Identify regularly automation opportunity (work closely with sales for term sheets format standardization).
- Work with local IT (specification, user test…).
- In partnership with IT teams, engage in developments of control tools.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics or similar.
- Ideally exposure to capital market exotic products with cross asset underlying (Equity, Commodity, FX, Rates …).
- Ability to communicate at different levels.
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, VBA and Python.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:3rd Jun 2021, 6:00 pm