The Inspection General and Internal Audit Division (IGAD) is Societe Generale Group’s 3rd line of defense. The Global Head of Inspection and Audit reports directly to the Group's Chief Executive
Officer - Audit (1,100 staff) is organized in geographical and functional zones, while General Inspection (130 staff), on top of audit work, covers for the Group major risks, transversal and strategic topics. The main role of IGAD is to review operational entities in an objective and thorough manner with a risk-based approach to assess the level of risks, evaluate the compliance of the Group’s operations with policies and procedures and the effectiveness of the permanent control set up. IGAD issues recommendations to better manage risks and to increase the efficiency of the Group’s activities. INS/DAT (aka IGAD DataLab) is a global and transversal organization within IGAD that plays a key role in reinforcing Societe Generale’s third line of defense through the use of Data Analytics.
You will report to the Head of Data Analytics and Innovation and work with 2 Data Scientists in IGAD Asia DataLab. The DataLab supports the entire Asia Internal Audit department (~ 45 staff) to cover audit activities for all SG Group Business entities across the Asia Pacific region.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to Audit missions with a focus on data analytics.
- Support Asia Data Scientists and Auditors in the data collection and data preparation steps.
- Implement Business Intelligence (BI) reports or dashboards in collaboration with experienced Auditors to help them identify risks and detect abnormal patterns in data.
- Propose and implement other types of data analysis and controls using Python programming or other advanced data analytics solutions.
- Educate and Support Auditors throughout Asia.
- Guide Asia auditors in using basic data analysis tools and techniques.
- Support auditors with their ad-hoc requests and questions around data analytics.
- Contribute to projects.
- Implement data analytics solutions to automate audit controls (typically the one that can be reused from one mission to another).
- Implement and maintain BI dashboards for the regular monitoring of risks.
Through your interaction with the Data Scientists you will have the possibility to learn the entire process of a data analytics project and explore various data science technics including machine learning algorithms implemented in real life cases (such as decision trees, isolation forest, natural language processing algorithms, process mining, etc.)
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Engineering or similar.
- Good knowledge of Python programming is required.
- Knowledge of SQL and database systems is a plus · Knowledge of a BI solution is preferred (Microsoft BI, Tableau, Tibco Spotfire, Qlik View.
- Sharp analytical mindset.
- Comfortable in manipulating data.
- Paying attention to details and quality.
- Curious with an appetite to learn and develop data skills.
- Creative thinking with a “can do” attitude.
- Good level of integrity showing care in the manipulation of confidential or sensitive information.
- Good communication skills with the ability to collaborate.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:14th May 2021, 6:00 pm