Global Business Service Unit is GBIS Service Unit, it delivers day-to-day services to GBIS BUs and their clients to accelerate the transformation, it is composed by IT & non-IT teams working side by side under the same leadership.
Market Data Referential, within GBSU Finance Risk & Market Data, handles market parameters for GBIS. It handles sourcing, broadcasting, controls and day to day management of data. Such parameters are key for most processes e.g., Risks and Finance, Settlement & Delivery and Regulatory reporting are some of processes which depend on accurate market parameters.
To strengthen the delivery capability, we are opening internship position based in Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will join the GBSU Finance Risk and Market Data team (GBSU/FRM) focusing on Data Quality. GBSU/FRM is a regional team with 80 people based in Hong Kong and Bangalore, covering the Asia Pacific region (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, India and Australia).
What You Will Do
You will be part of a dynamic regional team, dealing with major stakeholders. You will be assigned to a Data Quality Manager, with the following responsibilities:
Contribution in Securing Asia Data Quality Function:
- Monitor activity performed by our production teams in Bangalore, India and other locations if needed.
- Monitor projects advancements and share output with stakeholders.
- Review processes identified as defective, proposing remediation plans and follow up needs.
- Help to implement a proactive process health check.
- Propose process improvements or automations to deliver added value.
- Contribute to set up process to review market data costs and communicate outputs.
- Develop strong partnership with Market Data Referential teams both production and IT.
Contribution into Day-to-Day Production Management of Indexes and ETFs:
- Monitor ASI dedicated activity.
- Work with peers in US and EUR to facilitate production delivery, and issues corrections.
- Set up local dedicated reporting process ASIA focused.
While Working with us, you’d be Exposed to Variety of Situations, Allowing you to:
- Discover the scope of market data parameters and its complexity.
- Work and interact with large scope of stakeholders we provide service to.
- Work with a truly global approach and get exposed to various cultures e.g., French, Indian and American.
- Get fledged with fast paced environment while keeping focus on quality and accuracy.
- Develop Experiment monitoring tools and apply them to real life scenario.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT, Finance or similar.
- Business analysis skills: analytical mindset, attention to details, critical thinking, solution oriented.
- Development Language as a plus: Python.
- Adaptable, can work with various people style and cultures as being exposed to several different countries.
- Versed into Data Quality Management and operational risk processing.
- Quick learner.
- Fluent English is mandatory, French is a plus.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:17th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm