Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Debt Capital Markets group has responsibility for advising issuers (corporates, financial institutions and public-sector entities) on their issuance strategy in the primary debt capital markets and executing the related transactions. SG’s strengths reside primarily in cross-border offerings in public or private format
The Trainee’s primary function will be to support the more experienced staff from origination to execution/closing of transactions and meaningfully contribute to the profitability of the group.
What You Will Do
- Prepare update of relevant capital markets data.
- Assist in the preparation of marketing documents (market update, peer analysis, secondary pricing performance, primary pricing indications).
- Monitor primary market developments (recent transactions, pipeline and market rumors).
- Assist in execution of transactions.
- Perform regular research on latest product developments and potential/existing business opportunities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Finance or similar.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, highly numerate.
- Good knowledge of fixed income markets and derivatives.
- Commitment to work demanding hours with a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Willingness to step up in a small team environment.
- Good command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Bloomberg.
- Fluent English and Native Mandarin is mandatory, Cantonese would be a plus.
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance.
- Commitment - Inspiration: I support the vision and the strategy.
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I Favour the team’s interest over my own results.
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs.
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:19th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm