- Prepare update of relevant capital markets data
- Assist in the preparation of marketing documents (market update, peer analysis, secondary pricing performance, primary pricing indications)
- Monitor primary market developments (recent transactions, pipeline and market rumours)
- Assist in execution of transactions
- Perform regular research on latest product developments and potential/existing business opportunities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Economics, Business, Finance or similar
- Strong analytical and communication skills, highly numerate
- Good knowledge of fixed income markets and derivatives
- Commitment to work demanding hours with a positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Willingness to step up in a small team environment
- Good command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Bloomberg
- Fluent English and Native Mandarin is mandatory, Cantonese would be a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Commitment - Inspiration: I support the vision and the strategy
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Debt Capital Markets group has responsibility for advising issuers (corporates, financial institutions and public-sector entities) on their issuance strategy in the primary debt capital markets, and executing the related transactions. SG’s strengths reside primarily in cross-border offerings in public or private format.
The Trainee’s primary function will be to support the senior staff from origination to execution/closing of transactions and meaningfully contribute to the profitability of the group.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:2nd Apr 2021, 3:00 pm