- Report to Chief APAC economist and assist with development of economic and cross-asset analysis under the guidance of the senior economists/strategists
- Manage the production process of team documents
- Assist on the smooth functioning of client servicing
- Assist the team on client marketing activities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance or similar
- Strong research interest in macroeconomics, financial market development, ESG topics
- Professional and articulate at all times dealing with internal and external parties in a confident and professional manner, both face to face and by telephone
- Strong planning skills and ability to prioritize different tasks and requirements
- Adaptive, proactive, able to work under pressure, take responsibility and work independently
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Fluency in English and Chinese is mandatory
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is must
- Strong programming skills (R and/or python) are preferred
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Research Trainee will be based in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will be given a first-hand experience of mainly economic and rates strategy research within the field of investment banking, learning the ropes of data gathering and analysis, publication production and client marketing. This position offers the opportunity to work with one of the best ranked teams within economic research in investment banking. The team is based in multiple geographies and works closely with the front-office business lines.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:2nd Sep 2021, 3:00 pm