- Assist with the monitoring and booking of vanilla product in the FO and Back-Office (BO) information systems
- Follow-up exposures and collateral guidelines
- Mark to Market booking and client notification
- Cover short positions of the managed pool of assets
- Control over the quality and completeness of the recorded data
- Analyse and regularize the discrepancies reported by the Control Middle Office and other stakeholders
- Assist with client reporting and client queries
- Follow-up of transversal issues (systems, financial, accounting ...)
- Streamline the different workflow through automation and process review
- Contribute to defining specifications and performing UAT for new information systems
- Ensure booking timeliness; provide justifications for any late bookings and amendments
- Write down / update procedures linked to sensitive processes and controls
- Assist FO on their specific requests with effective and innovative solutions
- React in a timely manner to incidents and develop action plan for the long term
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics and Information Technology or similar
- Vanilla equity derivative products knowledge
- Demonstrates operational risk detection and analysis capabilities
- Result oriented: demonstrate strong drive to achieve result while well estimate risk of own actions
- Client focus: consistently search for ways to improve our client service
- Excellent communication skills; required to work with various internal partners
- Team Player: Make cooperation between colleagues, inside and outside the team, a priority
- Responsible, proactive and positive mindset
- Think out of the box, propose new ideas and solutions on identified problems or existing processes for the sake of continuous improvement
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of VBA/Python would be appreciated
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Within the Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS) division and the corporate and investment banking services, you will join the Global Banking Service Unit Department for Market Financing activities, which is in charge of the processing and control of operations initiated by the Financing desk (Stock Loan and Financing activities). Our teams guarantee the quality and reliability of transactions carried out on behalf of clients in all the different financial centres around the world.
Within the Middle Office department, the team is responsible for managing in the different information systems the:
- Post-trading activities related to Financing desk
- Collateral activities related to the desk
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:26th Jun 2021, 3:00 pm