- Ensure that all trades are booked in the Front Office database; justify any late or amended booking.
- Ensure that all trades are allocated to client accounts.
- Perform reset payment pre-matching, manage trade related breaks, manage client reporting.
- Answer to specific client requests related to transactions.
- Management of client escalation requests.
- Client onboarding operationally including portfolio wrapper set up and reporting configuration.
- Streamline booking workflow through automation and process review.
- Contribute in defining specifications and performing UAT for new information system or booking scheme.
- Document / update procedures relate to sensitive processes and controls.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the smoothness of operational flow.
- Work closely with different teams (Traders, Sales, Back Offices, IT) in different regions (Asia, Europe, America) to deliver a seamless client experience.
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology or similar.
- Equity derivative products knowledge.
- Risk focused: demonstrate operational risk detection and analysis.
- Result oriented: demonstrate strong drive to achieve result while well estimate risk of own actions.
- Client focus: consistently search for ways to improve client service.
- Excellent communication skills: required to work with various internal partners.
- Team Player: Make cooperation between colleagues, inside and outside the team, a priority.
- Responsible, proactive and positive mindset
- Think out of the box; propose new ideas and solutions on identified problems or existing processes.
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment.
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent English is mandatory .
- Knowledge in any programming language is a plus.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Equity Prime Brokerage Middle Office team sits in the Global Business Service Unit (GBSU). The team handle operational, administrative and financial processes initiated by Equity and Equity Derivative business lines. In addition, the team ensures the control and security of transaction processing in accordance with current financial legislation and firm wide controls.
Product scope: Product scope: Dynamic Portfolio Swap (DPS), Cash Equity, Fixed Income.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:7th Nov 2021, 3:00 pm