The General Inspection and Internal Audit Division (IGAD) is the third line of defense, which conduct independent audits of operational entities in an objective, thorough and impartial approach. Our division oversees the audit of GBIS activities through teams based in France and in four regional hubs which are London, Luxembourg, New York and Hong Kong. The division head is the contact person for the audit of the GBIS core business management.
Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for strategic and operational controls as well as transversal support for the team. Therefore, this position will involve strong communication with other team members and frequent contacts with staff, managers across Asia and in Paris. This position will be reported to the Chief of Staff of IGAD Asia in Hong Kong
What You Will Do
- Monitor Audit Activities (Risk Assessment, Audit Plan Execution, Follow-up of Recommendation implementation), with the production of automated reporting and statistics to the regional management team and Head Office.
- Steer Internal Audit’s own operational risk: Permanent Controls, Data Quality controls, etc.
- Assist in Regional Communication and Event Management (i.e., Regional Newsletter, Appointment Announcement, Internal Audit Asia Executive Committee meetings, All Staff Meetings, Seminars, coordination of Trainings and Visits from Regulators or management, etc.).
- Assist in the management and monitoring of Budget and Expenses (including travels).
- Support the Chief of Staff in the preparation of internal and external presentations and memos such as management committees and meetings with regulators.
- The candidate could also be involved on Internal Audit transformation projects or on audit missions involving data analytics skills.
- Assist with operational and administrative tasks for a smooth running of the Internal Audit department (e.g., access card, business cards, Societe Generale directory, office supplies, moving and construction work, temporary desks and meeting rooms management).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Engineering or similar.
- Good communication skills with proficiency in power point presentation.
- Data analytics mindset with the ability to write scripts to transform the original data and automate the analysis and production of reporting is required.
- Working experience in financial/ banking industry or project management is preferable.
- Pay attention to details and producing quality work.
- Take accountability for his/her actions with good organization and time management.
- Generate innovative but practical ideas at work to improve the robustness and efficiency of our operational processes.
- Positive attitude and able to work with all level of staff.
- Fluent English is mandatory and fluent French is a plus.
- Team Spirit - Conflict Management: I anticipate conflicts and strive to resolve them fairly and sustainably.
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I encourage and demonstrate positive out of the box thinking.
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple.
- Responsibility - Risk: In order to improve the Group's security, I am constantly on the lookout for risks.
- Team Spirit - Open mindset/Respect: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode.
- Responsibility - Performance: I generate outstanding individual and collective performance.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:14th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm