- Assist the Lawyers in the Legal team in respect of over–the–counter (“OTC”) derivative transactions (all underlyings) and cash equities matters
- Review and draft documentation, and arranging execution of the above transactions and matters
- Assist with related processes and reporting
- Contact relevant internal stakeholders as appropriate
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Law (Hong Kong or Commonwealth qualification)
- Have good communication skills
- A Level (or equivalent) with a mathematics component favoured
- IT Skills – Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Previous work experience with emphasis on attention to details and accuracy
- Excellent command of (i) spoken and written English and (ii) written Traditional Chinese
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Legal Department is responsible for reviewing and approving transactions and advise various business lines on legal and regulatory issues.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:19th May 2021, 3:00 pm