- Produce independently and certify the daily and monthly economic results to Front Office (FO), Risk, and GBIS/Group management
- Provide PnL analysis and comments to facilitate the validation of economic results by FO
- Validate and publish the official economic results in D+1 to management
- Work closely with the accounting/economic reconciliation and operation team on discrepancies
- Cooperate with CFO for Monthly/Quarterly activity’s trend comments
- Preparation of other reports for internal counterparts, authorities, auditors etc.
- Be an essential element and referent for all the partners for project assigned by your manager
- Participate to on-going improvement on P/L process efficiency and effectiveness (lead time reduction, improved granularity, streamlining)
- New products and participation in transversal projects, as and when requested by management
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree with a major in Finance, Engineering or similar
- Understanding of capital market, and in particular the strategies and products traded
- Strong Excel skills, candidate with good programming skills (e.g. VBA) is preferred
- Pro-active, swift, analytical, rigorous, tenacity
- Good team player, able to multi task and work under pressure
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Within the Risk Division, the Operational Risk Second Line of Defense is to provide independent, objective and leading operational risk management challenge and oversight services to assist the firm in maintaining an effective system of operational risk management. You will be responsible of the production, analysis, comments and diffusion of the official economic P&L metrics. An important aspect as a Trainee would be to demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn, and rapidly adapt to become fully functional in a short period of time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:19th May 2021, 3:00 pm