The trainee will assist the sales team in their day-to-day activity and operations. In particular:
- Assist in preparing commercial/marketing materials, market comments or bespoke analysis
- Gather public and internal client information (e.g. financial statements, annual reports or internal documents) to figure out clients’ key characteristics, exposure/sensitivity to different market risks to source opportunities and offer appropriate solutions and recommendations
- Run pricing, risk simulations and profitability analysis
- Perform operational and regulatory related tasks
This role will enable the candidate to:
- Strengthen and apply theoretical knowledge in Financial Markets and Derivative Products across several underlyings (Commodities, FX and interest rates), Structured Financing as well as Corporate Finance
- Liaise with various departments of the bank, including back and middle office, legal and compliance departments, structuring and engineering teams, traders, financing business lines, economic and strategic research, credit analysis team
- Discover and learn the technical and commercial aspects required to perform a Sales position in the Financial Markets industry
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics or similar
- Sound knowledge of Financial markets and derivatives products (Commodities, FX and interest rates)
- Sound knowledge of Corporate Finance and Financial Analysis
- Reliable: complying with local rules, regulations and internal guidelines is critical in the Banking industry
- Analytical skills and ability to convey key messages in a very clear and simple manner
- Ability to produce high quality presentations with attention to detail
- Proactive: the trainee will support all the team and do his best to bring solutions and solve problems
- Team spirit: the team works across different countries, with many different departments so cooperation and team spirit is of essence
- Fluent English and Mandarin is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The trainee will join the HK corporate sales team, part of the APAC Fixed Income Sales team. The main products traded are Fixed Income, Interest rate and FX products denominated in G10 or EM currencies. The clients are Chinese corporates based in HK or in mainland China and potentially to a less extent project finance companies based in APAC.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2021, 3:00 pm