- Designing, developing and releasing Greenfield projects, such as but not limited to
- Measuring the health / uptime of our applications in Asia
- Measuring the turnaround time for developing new features
- Measuring the performance of our Continuous Integration / Delivery Pipelines
- Designing, developing and documenting white apps, base docker images, demos and code examples that showcase the best use of modern technologies
- Working with other team members on both methodology and technical skills
- Researching about new technologies to share their benefits and explore them
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics and Information Technology or similar
- Good technical skills in modern coding languages, such as Python & Java
- Full mastery of git
- Knowledge of & preferably practical experience with developing modern RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of & preferably practical experience with cloud technologies, especially Microsoft Azure and Docker
- Keen to learn & experiment
- Good communication skills and strong team spirit
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
We have recently launched an initiative to maintain a strong technical community, ensure a consistent approach to tech practices & architecture and foster the adoption of modern technologies, such as Cloud & Data.
We are looking for someone to help us deliver tools supporting our transformation and improve the life of the Asia technology community within the bank. You will be working directly for, and with the guidance of a group of senior IT managers responsible for setting the vision and the objectives of the technology community in the APAC region.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:26th Jun 2021, 3:00 pm